Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Precious to God - Sisters Conference

We had all the sisters come to Jacksonville from all over the mission for a Sisters Conference. We have 18 sisters in all and they all serve in different zones. It was so fun to get them together. They were delighted to see each other again. That doesn't happen too often. We held the conference in the same place that we do our monthly zone leader council. We had the room set up the same way. I was in an adjoining room when they started to arrive. I listened as the giggle level rose dramatically. I thought to myself, "This is very different than a zone leader council." When President Barry started the meeting he said the same thing to them which brought another wave of giggles. Later in the meeting the Assistants arrived to do a training. They started by saying, "This doesn't smell like zone leader council." That really brought a delighted wave of high pitched giggles.
 
We had a training on perfectionism, stress and positive self talk. We called it "Precious to God". The spirit flooded and we all realized that we are doing well enough. We know that the Lord is pleased with our efforts as sisters to serve Him and to bring others to Christ. We as sisters tend to be a little hard on ourselves sometimes. It was a revelatory experience for all of us.
Below you see a group picture of some of the sisters.  We didn't take the group picture soon enough and eight of the sisters had to leave.  I have pictured most of them in other pictures below.
Back Left:  Sister Scott, Sister Gilbert, Sister Heslington, Sister Whiting, Sister Barry, President Barry
Front Left:  Sister Waldman, Sister Barton, Sister Richards, Sister Dunkley, Sister Jensen, Sister Hicks
Sister Crowton and Sister Patton are practicing how to take control of a lesson.
Sister Knickerbocker (right) is teaching Sister Whiting. 

Sister Sheffer in the middle is practicing with Sister Waldman.  President Barry is evaluating

Sister Heckel and Sister Rieck are practicing.  Elder Allred with his thumbs up and evaluating.
At the end of the day I don't have a picture of Sister Abisai and Sister Delaplane.  They had to leave early. 
These are amazing women.  I love them dearly.  They bring a sweetness and stability to the mission that is so needed.  I know you are proud of your daughters.  You have every right to be. 

No comments: